"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Is it Friday yet??

This week seems to be dragging -- cant we just skip to Friday already?!  I think that is the general feeling every time we have to head back to work after a weekend that flew by TOO fast.  :)

My Waterloo Days turned out to be fun... unless you were on the committee, HA!  So while Kurt got to take in all the free entertainment, partake in the free beverages that I earned by being a committee member, and hang out with friends -- I rushed around downtown Waterloo on a golf cart, wearing a ridiculous hat (required by all committee members), and attempting to complete my assigned duties with the vast amount of incorrect information (or general lack of information) that I was given.  Luckily I was not alone during this madness and my friend, Ashley & I got many good laughs out of the experience!

Ashley & I at MWD, right before the cops shut down our beer stand on the bridge (*sigh*).

After a night like that I was ready for some "girl time" -- and since Kurt had to deliver a finished upholstery job to WL it was just the night for one!  I spent Saturday night at my good friend, Ginny's, Bachelorette Party and we had a great time selling suckers, completing a scavenger hunt and indulging in shots and girl talk! :)  Now we're looking forward to Ginny & Sergio's wedding next weekend!

Ginny & I before the Bachelorette Party, with the sucker bouquet I made her!
We sold over 80 of them that night!!

The work week snuck up on us and we've been keeping busy researching all the big purchases we plan (well... we hope to) make once we get into our house next week.  If you have a decent washer/dryer or living room furniture for sale, hit us up!   Only NINE days until we close!

No comments:

Post a Comment