"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello Holidays!

Whew!  What a weekend.  Does it count as a weekend if it's 5 days long?? 

We had a whirlwind weekend over Thanksgiving but it still felt too short.  My cousins and I managed to pull off another delicious feast! We made creamy mashed potatoes, 2 kinds of sweet potatoes, seven layer salad, green bean casserole, vegetable salad, stuffing, cranberry salad, fresh rolls, pumpkin pie and apple pie.  Of course, Grandma and Grandpa took care of the Turkey. YUM!

It's kind of hard to see the food in this pic but doesn't it make your mouth water??
Kurt made the rounds in WL while I was on the Shopping Trip in Des Moines. Let me tell you - there were some great deals. I am a total sucker for bargains so I was constantly tempted to purchase random things that we don't need, haha!  
The girls on our annual Shopping Trip!
Yep...those are matching scarfs. :)
We already have our Christmas tree up and decorated, too.  It looks beautiful and it was fun to decorate our house for the holiday season!  We even baked cookies and drank hot cocoa to fully enjoy the view.  I love having a Christmas tree -- the first thing I do in the morning is plug it in!!  It's a simple thing that makes us cheerful.

We hope you're all counting your blessings this holiday season!  We are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment