... I'm about to go directly into Christmas mode!! I started listening to Christmas music this week at the office, I bought the first Christmas gift of the season and I've been stashing away all my black Friday coupons... it's almost time!! :)
We're looking forward to Thanksgiving though, too. This week will be a nice short one ending with a feast and family, it's tough to top that! I'll be heading to the Lake to help my Grandma pre-prepare the Thanksgiving meal on Wednesday along with the other girl grandchildren in my family. This is one of my favorite traditions and I look forward to it every year. The best part is that Grandma has everything totally organized when we all get there -- so we can complete each recipe and she voluntarily does the dishes to keep up with the mess. Who does that? Doing dishes is hands-down my least favorite chore. When I was growing up I would "trade chores" with my best friend/cousin Kelly so that she would do the dishes at my house and I could sweep the floor or vacuum at her house during the summer. Genius huh? ...It didn't stop there either. In college I once paid my friend to do my dishes and I frequently threw dirty dishes away in loo of washing them. HA! Don't worry they were cheap plastic dorm-dishes. So yeah, I think I've come quite a ways since then because I actually DO the dishes now. Maybe not as often as my Mom thinks I should but I do what I can. =)
Back to holiday chat... Another one of my favorite traditions is just around the corner and I'm really excited about it! Each year all the women on my mom's side of the family take an Annual Shopping Trip together. We go somewhere we don't usually get to shop and spend a whole weekend doing Christmas shopping. This year we're heading to Des Moines and we're tackling the busiest weekend of the year -- wish us luck!
Now that I've blabbed about all the glamorous elements of the upcoming holiday season I think it's important that we take some time to actually take in the real stuff. Thanksgiving seems to be a holiday that everyone understands -- I've never heard someone say they don't do Thanksgiving. Probably because we all have things to be thankful for. Here's what we're thankful for this year:
- Our amazing families that continually offer us support. We love you guys!
- Not just shelter, but our very own house.
- Love. Not everyone is lucky enough to find "the one" this young.
- Faith. We are continually trying to build our faith, we're blessed to have found a church that inspires us.
- Steady income so we don't have to stress too much.
- Our pups, even though they can be a major pain they're fun to have around.
- Our health. Knock on wood, we're healthy & happy!
- Our safety... 4 months in Waterloo and no problems yet! ha! j/k
- Kurt's handiness. Not sure what we'd do if he wasn't a fix-it kind of guy!
- Friends. We wish we could see more of you (you know who you are) - but we are grateful to have you as friends regardless. :)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
No comments:
Post a Comment