Holy smokes it's been a long time since we've blogged! Time totally gets away from me this time of year... we've been soaking up the last days of summer, spending time with family and working our butts off at work. I've managed to either run myself down or develop some seriously inconvenient adult allergies because I woke up Tuesday morning feeling like a train hit me and it's only gotten worse. Yay for cold weather..... not (in case you didn't pick up on that heavy sarcasm).
Backtrack. We enjoyed a PERFECT labor day weekend full of everything that was long over-due. We finally made it back to West Liberty (the first time since our wedding) and took advantage of the long weekend to log some QT with our families. We were so busy enjoying the company of our parents, in-laws, siblings and nieces/nephews that I forgot to bust out the camera.... FAIL. You'll just have to take our word for it when we say that the kids were cuter than ever and the weather was to die for. The one thing I did snap pictures of was the newest addition to the (extended) Simon family: Meet Caiden Thomas Simon.
 |
This adorable little fella belongs to Adam & Jill.
(Adam is Kurt's cousin and good friend, too!) |
 |
| Caiden is the 40th great-grandchild in the Simon family! WOW. | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| | |
| |
|
|
|
Other recent developments include my new (more-so-than-before) obsession with baking. I've decided that since I no longer have a wedding to plan I need a new hobby and since I (honest-to-God) cannot live without chocolate and thoroughly enjoy baking I've taken it upon myself to hone my baking skills. Don't laugh, because I am beyond serious here. Although I've been baking since I was about 2 years old thanks to my mother and grandmother -- my family baking experience has been limited to the tried-and-true (and totally delicious) classic recipes so it's time for me to branch out! I'm all for a good batch of brownies-from-the-box but I am laser focused on baking from scratch now. I'm discovering new ingredients (although I usually have a hard time tracking them down in the store), forcing Emilee and her houseful of sorority sisters to eat my concoctions and using the heck out of my pretty KitchenAid mixer. =) I began my baking adventures with a special request for Emilee's 20th Birthday (
side note: OMG when did Em grow up?! This means I'm getting OLD.) which was Funfetti Cupcakes. And look.... I pulled it off!
 |
Made from scratch Funfetti Cupcakes w/ homemade Cream Cheese Frosting - piped!
With Sprinkles (duh!). =D YUM! |
After eating a few cupcakes, Kurt tackled a big project of his own... remember that HUGE blue boat cover that he's been slaving over? Well, he assembled it last weekend. Whewwww, that thing is cool. If I had a pontoon boat, and a dispensable income, I'd be putting in an order for one of these custom-made beauties. See for yourself...
 |
| This boat is ready for Fall. :) |
Last but not least, I have 2 new obsessions: Twitter & Pinterest. I know, twitter is old news but I finally gave in and am tweeting.... except for I don't have a smart phone so my tweets aren't live-at-this-moment updates. None-the-less it's still cool and you should follow me by clicking
HERE. As for
Pinterest, join at your own risk. It's absolutely, positively addicting. It's an amazing virtual pinboard ready and waiting to fuel your creative juices!! I now have about 98792834 crafts and recipes that I have to try because I pinned them. Love, Love, Love it.
Oh PS. I whipped these up this week.... I call them PMS bars, but I guess you could call them Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars if you
are a freak that doesn't crave chocolate want to.
 |
| Yes, I did find the recipe for these little pieces of heaven on Pinterest. |
Ta ta for now! Benadryl and bedtime (yes, at 8pm).
Love this!!!!!
ReplyDelete-LA