"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Friday, May 6, 2011

No 'Zilla Here!

I've said before how this past year (and then some) has been a roller coaster ride as we make plans and preparations for our wedding.  If you've planned a wedding, you know I'm not kidding.  Ever since we hit the double digits time is FLYING by, too.  We're absolutely ready to make this commitment to each other, totally stoked to celebrate with our family and friends and looking forward to seeing all the hard work and little details come together on the big day.   But this week I had a defining moment... and I will admit that this is first time I've really felt pressure that everyone warned me about!  Here's the story:

My first dress fitting was on Monday and I was so excited to put that beauty on again (it's been like 6 months!).  To top things off my mom and Kurt's mom arranged to car pool up to Waterloo and Emilee came along to share this fun experience with me!  (Yay!)  I love my dress more and more every time I put it on ... but we noticed a problem, well lots of little problems actually.  The seamstress poked around and confirmed that the manufacturer neglected to properly clean the dress before they sent it our way - which means that there are yellow chalk lines all over it.  On every seam and every crease.  Yikes.  My stomach dropped but she assured us that this should not have happened and that she'd call the manufacturer in the morning to rush in a new dress.  Long story short the manufacturer refused and now the seamstresses at the boutique are working hard to save the dress.  Ahh, nerve racking!

So that’s the DL on my first defining moment as a bride.  That’s what I’m calling it – defining moment.  Because I’ve seen this type of thing play out on TLC way too many times and although they usually pull through with a fixed gown on the wedding day, there’s always the sob story for the one dress that couldn’t be saved.  That’s a scary thought… no dress a month before the wedding?!  But, there’s no bridezilla here!!  I’m feeling confident that this will work out because the Bride’s Corner staff has been extremely friendly and after a little chat mid-week they reassured me that with some seriously meticulous and diligent work they will make sure that it’s perfect by June 25th


My first fitting is now schedule for Tuesday so keep your fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment