As we think back to last year at this time I can't help but tear up... The proposal was such an awesome surprise and I love how genuine and straight-up nervous Kurt was. It makes me giggle! We had bought tickets to see Jason Aldean in concert in Ames so we took off work a little early to account for travel. I was rushing around the apartment in an attempt to get ready on time (imagine that) and Kurt was being oddly quiet (seriously can you imagine that? ha!). I had randomly found an unclaimed wedding magazine by the mailboxes that afternoon and was babbling about how it would be the perfect thing to flip through on the way to Ames (ironic, right?). ...We were heading out the door (already behind schedule) when Kurt suddenly "forgets something inside". I hesitantly followed him back into the apartment (slightly annoyed) and shut the door only to turn around and find him on his knee! It took a few seconds to realize what was happening and to shake off the disbelief and acutally listen to what he was saying but when I did, I flew at him for a huge hug and burst into tears!! I remember trying to take in every detail of the moment... and I'm glad I did, so I can remember it so vividly at times like today. =) Of course, we went to the concert and had a blast just living it up on cloud nine! It's an amazing memory.
I know I posted about the proposal last year when I began blogging but I couldn't resist re-living it yet again. Tonight we're celebrating our year of happiness (and planning) with a little date night. I even have a little surprise in store for my future hubby... (I know I can post it now b/c he never reads this unless I leave the page up for him lol)... I picked up his wedding band this week and am planning a little proposal of my own. And guess what... I'm kind of nervous!! Now I understand what he was feeling that day! Wish me luck, hopefully he says YES. <3
| Front of our Save-the-Dates |
| Back of our save-the-dates. |
No comments:
Post a Comment