"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hello March!

Holy smokes it's already March!  February was a really really busy month but the fact that it's such a short month made it FLY.  We're welcoming March with open arms and holding out all hope that the old saying is true.... "In like a lion out like a lamb".   It better be... I'm sick of this cold crappy weather!  The extra daylight is noticeable now so that's a good sign. :)

On another note - we had a great time here in the 'Loo last weekend (it's already almost the weekend again!!).  Kurt's friend (Seth) Anderson came to visit and we all went to the Miranda Lambert concert on Saturday... she was awesome!!  I know she's coming back this way this summer (to the Mississippi Valley Fair I believe) so if you're able to catch the show - do it!  Justin Moore was the opener and he was really good too -- it was a fun concert!  I always like going to concerts at the McLeod Center because it reminds me of the events/shows that I used to work there.  Plus, you can't beat it because the tickets are affordable and all the seats are great.  We got the cheap-o bleacher seats because I knew you'd have just as good of a view!  Ahhh it feels good to be right. =)
On Sunday, while the boys tinkered with crap in the garage I headed to Cedar Rapids to meet my mom and the bridesmaids!  We all picked out our shoes for the wedding (yay!) and grabbed a bite to eat.  It was great to have some girl time and the more time I spend with them the more excited I get for our wedding!  Everything is really coming together and that is a great feeling.  According to TheKnot's to-do list I am about 1 month ahead of schedule.... Rockin' it, right?

Oh and the biggest development in our plans...  we booked the honeymoon!  We debated long and hard about honeymooning right after the wedding or holding off until Iowa's weather was less desirable.  We opted for the latter -- it just made more sense to us to avoid hurricane season down in the tropics and enjoy what we can of Iowa's summer by planning the trip for November.  We decided to go big (it's big for us anyways!)-- so we're heading to Punta Cana for a 6 night trip the week after Thanksgiving.  Check out our amazing resort..... all-inclusive, adults-only, perfect. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment