"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Monday, October 18, 2010

Wedding Planning & Weekend Fun

We are right about half-way through our engagement, can you believe it?? We're only 8 months away from the big day!  Although we've crossed a lot of the big ticket items off the wedding to-do list it has proven to be a never-ending task.  Kurt is semi-interested in the details and I'm totally loving all the fun stuff we get to do! ha! 

Last week I had two days off work which I strategically took on Tues/Wed in order to catch my brother's last 8th grade football game AND make some progress in the wedding-planning arena.  Matt did a great job at his game and I had a blast watching him and his friends! I can't believe they will be in high school next year -- jeesh! At least the games will be easier to get to... this Tuesday evening stuff doesn't really work for us.  :)  On the other hand - my Mom and I got quite a bit of stuff rolling for the wedding!  We managed to meet with a couple florists and the booze guy, sample some cake, raid Hobby Lobby for DIY project supplies, gather estimates for the print projects, reserve the linens and even try a mock-up of the centerpieces.  Whew, that was a successful couple of days! 

This past weekend was also packed with excitement, on Saturday I participated in the Cedar Valley Chase with my co-worker/friend, Ashley.   This event had us a little nervous at first but it turned out to be a really good time!  Essentially the Chase is a race where two-person teams compete in challenges as they race from location to location all over Cedar Falls &Waterloo.  The challenges were super secret leading up to the event so there was a lot of unknowns that morning but we dove in and gave it our all!   We ate some not-so-tasty concoctions, wore boxing gloves, slurped too much water through tiny straws, got lost multiple times and I was even locked in a coffin at one point.  It was interesting, memorable and oh, for a good cause too!  It was a fundraiser for United Way. :)

We also squeezed in a concert on Saturday, and had a really fun time with some WL friends that we don't get to see enough!   Kurt always says that his favorite part of owning a house is that we can have parties in it... so of course we opened our home to our buddies before and after the Papa Roach concert.  It needs a good scrubbing now.   ...This was my first rock concert and I had a blast!  Although I forgot to change my shoes before we left so I found out the hard way that flip flops don't really cut it, ouch.  Oh well, next time I'll know!
i found this old man in the crowd.... nice beard.
the view from Kurt's shoulders :)
This week is UNI Homecoming and I can't wait to pretend that I'm a college student and reunite with my old roommates and sorority sisters this weekend!!  Wahoooo is it Friday yet?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment