"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Too young to act old

This past weekend was spent re-living our college days, and it was a dang good time!  Maggie & Lauren, two of my senior year roommates, came to town to stay with us on Friday/Saturday and we dove right back into UNI Homecoming festivities just like the good ol' days.  :)

Kurt shot up to Iowa Falls for the Ellsworth Wrestling reunion where he hit the mats with the current team and some fellow alumni.  Judging by how sore he complained to be on Sunday I think he had a good time!  Although I would have loved to watch him wrestle again I spent majority of the weekend on UNI's campus.

Of course, Friday night we had to cheer on the Alpha Phi ladies as they competed in the final round of the Pride Cry.... they placed 3rd (way to go girls!) and put on a hilarious show of panther spirit.  They know how to make us alumnae proud!  Saturday took some mental preparation because I haven't spent an entire day tailgating in a reallllll long time but I stepped it up and we proved that we've still got it!

Starting the day off at the OP on the Hill!

...Sign says it all. :)

LOVE having Emilee around as a fellow Panther

Kurt joined the fun after wrestling in I.F.
It got late and we got goofy.
This picture really catches a true glimpse of "us".  Haha!
Oh yeah, we also took a quick moment of silence for the sad Hawkeye loss but quickly re-cooperated when the Panthers completely dominated the Redbirds.   It was SO good to catch up with college friends that we hadn't seen in a while and I'm already looking forward to next year!!  Here's to another great homecoming weekend -- and many more to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment