"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

More Time Please.

I know we start every post like this but WOW - we seriously need more hours in the day, and more days in the summer!  I have been having serious mixed feelings about mid-August being here already...

PROS 
August is still summer so that automatically earns brownie points
Matt is visiting us in August (more details below)
Work is busy - which I prefer
UNI students are back in town
Emilee is moving to Cedar Falls
Football season is just around the corner

CONS
Summer is almost over
Kurt works long hours
It is insanely hot (so far)
We have to re-new our tags on both vehicles
The sun is setting earlier

So there you have it... the Pros narrowly beat the Cons for August.  We will just keep trying to soak up as much sunshine as we can!

This past week has been pretty uneventful.  Kurt is busy working on a huge upholstery job which is very time consuming since he is currently doing this on top of his full-time job.  He has been working hard to get his business off the ground and has had a steady stream of upholstery jobs this summer.  He's managed to convert our garage into an upholstery workshop (of course, he has big plans to make it better in the future) but it sure beats working out of the 2-bedroom apartment that we used to live in. HA, that is a sight I will never forget.  =D  If you, or anyone you know, is looking to have some upholstery done please keep Kurt in mind.  Visit the website at www.ShowtimeAutoLLC.com for more information and give Kurt a call for a quote!
Kurt's new upholstery table -- put to good use!

I've also been keeping busy with projects of my own -- We've made quite a few wedding-related decisions over the past couple months and it feels good to check things off that list!  My bridesmaids found a dress they all love (I even want one, that's how cute they are!), I've gather lots of fun ideas by browsing online and we booked a photographer from Cedar Falls.   Of course, my never-ending DIY projects are still keeping me entertained as well... I love doing crafts and have always enjoyed the personal touches that can be found at most weddings/receptions.  Our reception will be full of fun little things that fit our personalities and I'm having a blast working on them. =)  Here's just a little sneak peak of what's to come....
Some of my DIY centerpiece materials. :) Love them!
(The teal looks blue...but it's teal.)
On another note, we are really looking forward to having my brother, Matt, come stay with us this week/weekend.  Matt & I have have a tradition (which started when I moved into my first apartment during college) where he visits for 3 days each summer!  I'd have to say it's one of my favorite traditions because not only do we get to spend alot of time hanging out together but we have also made a tradition of going to Lost Island (the waterpark) and eating Chinese food.  Can't beat that!!!!  Since Kurt has now joined our tradition we're always packing in even more fun stuff... maybe some frisbee golf, bowling, wii, movies?  You never know, but it's always a great time!! Can't wait for him to get here tomorrow night.

Until next time, stay cool (literally stay in the A/C). 

No comments:

Post a Comment