"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Monday, August 16, 2010

By Popular Demand

OK, Ok, ok... we promise to post more often.  After numerous reminders that we've been slacking on the blog lately I guess it's time to step it up. 

To put it plain and simple - this past weekend rocked.  Matt came to stay with us Thursday night - Sunday and we packed in a ton of fun stuff.  Matt & I had a perfect sunny day at Lost Island on Friday (sorry Kurt, somebody's gotta bring home the bacon!)... He even (rather forcefully) convinced me to go on the Molokini Crater aka the funnel the doom as I like to think of it!  I've been notoriously chicken about this slide each year that we've visited the waterpark so it wasn't much of a surprise when I bowed out last year.  Since it was just the 2 of us this time around I had to suck it up and take the plunge... literally.  Long story short I managed to keep my fears to myself until I let them all out in a nice healthy scream as we slid (backwards) down the 75-foot drop.  It was intense, definitely a rush, but not my cup of tea. Of course, Matt got a laugh out of it! ....We spent the rest of the weekend playing games, watching movies, making delicious food and doing random stuff around the house.  =) 

On Sunday we had some company over to BBQ and see our house!  We loved having my grandparents, aunt and uncle, cousins and parents up for the day!! The weather couldn't have been better and it was awesome to have family around to hang out for the afternoon.  Let's do it again soon!!

....And now, by popular demand, a couple of our favorite recipes that have won the hearts of our loved ones!  We highly recommend whipping these up ASAP! 

Chicken Tamale Casserole

1  cup  (4 ounces) preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
1/3  cup  milk
1/4  cup  egg substitute (I usually just beat 1 egg)
1  teaspoon  ground cumin
1/8  teaspoon  ground red pepper
1  (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1  (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix
1  (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
1  (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
2  cups  shredded cooked chicken breast
1/2  cup  sour cream

1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles) in a large bowl, stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with a dollop of Daisy!  =)  
Serves 8 .... or reheats GREAT.

Peach Crunch Cake
24.5 oz jar of sliced peaches in light syrup
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), cut into 16 pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Layer ingredients in a 13 X 9 dish, in order starting with the peaches.
Bake for about 40 minutes.
Serve warm ....with ice cream. 
Serves 12.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment