"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Welp, we did it again.  Another month without a blog post!  Since pictures are worth a thousand words, here's our best attempt at playing catch up.  

We hit the town for St. Patrick's day and celebrated the fact that I have red hair.  (Ha!) Looks like Emilee didn't get the green memo, luckily we still love her. :) 
We confirmed our status as "best cousin and cousin-in-law" by refinishing Emilee's super old, super ugly dresser and turning into this beautiful masterpiece!  I was pretty proud of the outcome but am kicking myself because I forgot to take a "before" photo.  Just imagine a totally typical orangy-wood dresser and ugly gold/wood hardware.  Yuck, it looks so much better in Tiffany's blue. :)
I caught the first fish of the year! (Muhahaha)
We brought the Firebird home  - one BIG step towards having this baby on the road this summer!  As you can imagine, Kurt is on cloud nine now that his precious car is safely (and conveniently) sitting in his own garage.  It's a good feeling to see it all come together... now I'm just waiting to see this perty boy RUN.   
The boys continue to fall asleep anytime you leave them alone.  
Some things never change!
My lovely friend and co-worker is counting down the days until she welcomes her first little one into the world at which point she will be taking on a new role as a stay-at-home Mom.   This means big changes for me at work, although I will miss her dearly (and require regular lunch dates to adjust) I'm excited to take on new duties and am looking forward to starting my new position as the Senior Coordinator of Events and Public Relations. 
Speaking of work... I was contracted as the Volunteer Coordinator for the USA Wrestling Folkstyle National Champions again and somehow managed to survive.  This was my 6th year (or maybe 7th?) working the event and it's always an exhausting, chaotic weekend full of non-stop wrestling and great people watching.  Ha!  It's crazy to think that we somehow run 26 consecutive mats for 3 entire days, but it's true! 
Meet Pita Cotton-tail :) 
We celebrated Easter with family on both sides and we scored big in the egg hunts!  Oh yes, we still do Easter egg hunts even though we are clearly adults.  No shame here.  I scored the high dollar eggs at the Kelly's egg hunt and went home with an extra $30 and Kurt found a prize egg at the Simon's Easter too! Lucky us! 
Last but not least, Kurt sold the Jeep Wrangler (or as I call it - the Big Jeep).  He's been going back and forth about selling it for the past few months and finally opted to sell it as-is and save himself the time and effort it would take to get it back on the road (or off-road for that matter).  We put on Craigslist on Thursday, got a call Friday and had cash in hand by Saturday.  As Kurt says, he did it "for the greater good" (ie: our savings account).  :) 

That's all folks! Time to watch the storm roll in... Have a great rest-of-the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment