You know how adults are always telling you to enjoy being young because it goes so fast? But at the same time they say life keeps getting better.... I guess we now fall into that "adult" category because all those wise words are clicking. (Yes, Mom, you were right.) We are more aware than ever that God has provided for us and dang, He's good.
Kurt has been rambling about being 25 for literally the past 4 years. Even when we began dating I remember him talking about his big dreams and for some reason he had it in his head that all of this stuff should be accomplished by the time he was 25-years-old. I'll admit it, I smiled and nodded even though I felt that some of those ideas where just plain unrealistic for someone to achieve in their twenties. But then here we are basically living the dream (well, our dream anyways) and we're only 25 (well, Kurt is anyways). :) It's funny because I was raised to be very rational but if you look in the Dictionary Kurt's picture can be found under "dreamer". Although we have tons in common, this is our biggest difference. We challenge each other at the core and learning to balance our different strengths and attitudes has proved to be the key to our own paradise.
One thing in particular that Kurt has been pumped up about lately is our recent purchase of a '63 Chevy Nova II. It was a steal of a deal and evidently my husband has high hopes for turning it for a pretty profit down the road. Check it out:
One thing in particular that I have been pumped up about lately is our plans to see (quite possibly my favorite band of all time) the Zac Brown Band on Saturday, as in TOMORROW, squeal. I can hardly wait!!! This is my early Birthday present from Kurt and it is going to be SO much fun. We're hitting the road to Des Moines along with Emilee and her boyfriend and I guarantee we won't be listening to anything other than ZBB for the entire drive. Which is what I've been doing for the past week or so.... I'm thinking if I haven't gotten tired of it yet then I never will.
Of course, there's this big huge obvious thing that we're both particularly pumped up about, too.... our HONEYMOON!!! We are literally counting down the days. We broke out the luggage and started digging out warm weather clothes this week. I can't believe it's almost time for our trip! AHHH, so excited!
Although we have a lot of big exciting things going on right now that's not the only reason we're preaching this "life is good" attitude. I guess it's all the little things that are really making us happy. We've been reading Every Day a Friday by Joel Osteen, too, and apparently it does what it claims. This book is full of encouragement, spiritual guidance and practical advise on how to find joy and happiness in every day of the week, everyday of your life -- the kind of joy that we all feel at 5:00pm on Friday. Ha!
Speaking of joyous Fridays.... that's TODAY!! Time to go enjoy the weekend. We'll leave with you with some of our favorite quotes. Hopefully they inspire you, too. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment