"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Friday, August 19, 2011

What a week!

We've been busy since our last post!  Are you surprised?  ...We didn't think so.

Let me just start by gushing about my good friend, Caitlin's wedding which took place last weekend:  Looooooooooved it.  I was lucky enough to be included in this special day as Cait's personal attendant and it was SO much fun.  I think I may have found another dream job to add to the list... wedding planner! :)   Caitlin & Eli planned an amazing wedding down in southern Iowa aka the boondocks (I believe we passed a sign that said 15 miles to Missouri).  Don't jump to conclusions though because this affair was nothing short of gorgeous and it was a blast to see the two lovebirds take the plunge.  So much fun in fact that I apparently got jacked in the nose on the dance floor (evidently my face is elbow height).  I woke up Sunday morning to a slightly swollen, noticeably bruised, rather painful reminder of this party foul.  True evidence of a epic celebration.  Congrats to the new Mr. & Mrs. Kilburg!!
With the beautiful bride!  I love you!
We also thoroughly enjoyed spending time with this lovely couple.

 
Our first wedding as a married couple.  Awwwww
 After that great weekend we were totally pooped.  What can we say... we're just not as young as we used to be!  Of course, by the time we made it back home it was practically time to jump into another crazy work week.  This week turned out to be unusually crappy.... at least on my end.  It was the regular level of crappy for my hubby (work, work, work).   I'm personally coming off one of those weeks packed with family drama, long days at work, a $114 speeding ticket and then more family drama, all things that are considered to be crap-inducing in my book.  Drama is not my friend, and now apparently neither is my cousin.  (....If I bite my tongue any harder I will definitely start bleeding.)

Now that Friday has FINALLY arrived, I took it upon my self to cash in an impromptu afternoon off.  I'm finally feeling like I can relax for the first time this week.  Kurt's already making plans for a movie night and enchiladas are in the oven!  :)  But never fear, we don't relax long around these parts... we're packing up and hitting the State Fair bright and early tomorrow.  I have a feeling that chicken lips, sweet potato french fries, a cow sculpted from butter, some live music, $12 beers and an assortment of food-on-a-stick will be just the cure I need for this crap-tastic week.  If you're at the Fair, call us up!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment