"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Monday, April 4, 2011

Let the Craziness Commence!

Well, March didn't exactly go "out like a lamb" so we're anxious for what April has in store!  We've had a lot going on the last couple weeks and it looks like our schedule will be that way until about..... June 25th. :) ha!

Not this last weekend but the one before I was lucky enough to have the help of my bridesmaids and my mom to tackle a whole slew of wedding projects!  We gathered in WL for a full day of craftiness and let me tell you - it was intense!  I seriously could not have done all of the cool little things that we have planned without the help of these amazing women.  I've got an eye for details and a soft spot for anything handmade so the DIY list has continually grown since we began planning the big day.  I'm SO excited about all the fun stuff that we've put together and I hope you (our guests!) enjoy the personal details too! :)  After that oh-so-productive weekend with the girls I am happy to report that invitations are fully assembled, addressed and ready to be mailed!  Now we're just waiting for that 6 week mark (ohhhhh wedding etiquette, so precise).  As for the other projects...you'll just have to wait to see what we were up to!  Less than 3 months to go, I can't believe how quickly everything is going now.  My first bridal shower is this weekend!  We're really getting excited now that the wedding is getting closer -- we're in the double digits, crazy!

Speaking of crazy... I was once again hired to coordinate volunteers at the USA Wrestling Folkstyle National Championships at the UNI-Dome this year and the tournament took place this past weekend.  In a word, it was CRAZY.  But surprisingly not as crazy as the last 5 years so there is definitely progress being made.  In order to accommodate the 2,300+ wrestlers we run 25 mats for 3 days straight.  ...Lets just say I'm still recuperating!  It's a long and stressful weekend but at the end of it all it's worth it - the extra cash is nice and it's so cool to see huge events like this come together!  Kurt even volunteered and learned to use the new high-tech TrackWrestling program....fancy stuff - it sure beats paper score cards!

Between our busy weekends we've been doing some yard work, playing with the pups, baking lots of goodies (because that's the best way to handle stress) and putting in some extra hours at work.  There is so much going on that we've been making a conscious effort to sit and relax together every day or two... what a difference that makes!

Well.... I think it's time to relax!  Have a fabulous week.   <3  J&K

No comments:

Post a Comment