"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hotlanta!

I am missing the gorgeous warm weather of Atlanta, Georgia right now!

I had the opportunity to attend a conference for work in Atlanta this week so I was there from Thursday-Saturday.  Of course, work trips are generally filled with work so there wasn't much time for exploring.  My co-workers and I did get to sneak away for a couple meals though and we tried to spend as much time as possible on outdoor patios!  It was PERFECT weather.  A sunny 73 degrees... *sigh* it made we rethink why we live in Iowa.  Ha!

 We attended the awards banquet where Ashley was honored as a "Star Status" Walk for 2010!  Woohoo, way to go girl!
 We learned all sorts of new things surrounding the re-branding of our signature event,
now called the Walk to End Alzheimer's!
 We enjoyed a number of inspiring speeches including one by David Hyde Pierce
(Niles from the Frasier show!)
 We had a little fun experiencing what "Walk" is all about.
And most importantly, we were reminded why we do what we do... 
to END Alzheimer's disease. 

It was a very busy few days and I'm completely exhausted today.  I'll have to admit... I'm dreading going back to work already tomorrow but I guess that's life!   ...On another note, Kurt has been laid off for the last week and half but was already called back to work.  I guess we'll both be dragging our feet a little on Monday.  =) 

Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment