We are now less than six months away from our wedding day! Whoa. Time has flown by and we still have a lot of details to hash out and plans to be made. It'll be here before we know it! I thought it was about time for a wedding update since we haven't mentioned it on here in a while...
We recently finalized and lauched our official wedding website and we hope you'll check it out!! Don't forget to sign the guest book.. we really love reading the messages from everyone!
We've been doing really good with the wedding plans lately. We've got the photographer, the cake, the flowers, the gown, the bridesmaid dresses, the caterer, the vows, the DJ and the wedding party all ready to go! But if you've planned a wedding before you know this is just the tip of the iceberg.... the big stuff is crossed off the list but all the little decisions that follow the big ones are actually the most time consuming and overwhelming. Luckily, I thrive when I'm "overwhelmed" so this is just my kind of task.
I'm beginning to wonder what the heck I'll do with myself when I no longer have a wedding to plan. It's become quite the hobby these days! Since Kurt is usually working on upholstery in the evenings I spend at least a couple nights a week working on centerpieces or invitations (I've taken on a lot of DIY projects because I just couldn't resist the change to be crafty)... I've been working on the guest list for what feels like forever... we pretty much always have a tab in our browser open on some sort of wedding website and Hobby Lobby has officially become a routine stop on my drive home from work.
Kurt has actually been setting aside some time to help tackle the decisions and tasks that require his help and opinion, too! Although he's not too worried about the little details he's been pretty good about brainstorming ideas and agreeing with the decisions that I make. :) Of course, my mom has been very helpful and active in the planning process as well. She's really organized too and it's so nice that we are one the same page about things. We're just really blessed that our families are so great! It's fun to have people to share our excitement with.
I can't believe how fast things are going. This is the year we get married! In fact, I picked up the save-the-dates today.
I'd post some pictures but we want everything to be a surprise! Muhahahaha (yep, evil laugh). Stay tuned for more updates...
TGIF!
No comments:
Post a Comment