Today is the first offical day of Fall so I guess it's time to say goodbye to summer and open our arms to the cool weather, brisk breeze and crunchy multi-colored leaves (my favorite!). Fall is Kurt's favorite time of year and it's a close runner up for me too (I'm a summer girl, what can I say?). Either way, we're pledging to take advantage of Fall because everyone knows it'll slip away too fast and we'll be stuck with winter for far too long. So, first up.... re-roof the house!
After writing the largest check in our life (you're welcome, Menards) and loading/unloading the truck a few times we now have a garage full of roofing supplies. Horray! Lucky for us, Kurt is a handy man so he'll be tackling this project with the help of his dad and a few friends (THANK YOU GUYS). We're excited to see how the fresh new roof changes the look of our house... the current one is pretty sad looking. This is the first of many curb-appeal projects that we have added to our "wish list", hopefully we can take down those awful old-school awnings next!! I know, I know... they're practical. But ugly! So you know how this one's ending right?? ....Anyways, the tear-off starts now! Cross your fingers that it doesn't rain (although I just looked at the forecast and I looks like it might tomorrow - uggh). Stay tuned for progress pics!
OH yeah, for those of you that missed the fun, Memory Walk was a success last weekend and I am happy to report that work-life is getting back to "normal". Although the weather was colder than I would have liked we had a good turn out (record turnout actually!) and we are set to raise a total of $250,000 chapter-wide for Alzheimer's care, support and research. Rock on, right? Of course, reaching that impressive goal calls on supporters like me and you to keep fundraising and raising awareness. Keep it up and thank you all for supporting my efforts! :) Here's a sneak peak at what Memory Walk 2010 entailed....
No comments:
Post a Comment